- The Library seeks to maintain an environment conducive to study. Noise and disruptive conduct should be kept to a minimum.
- The Library’s office phones are for the use of employees only; there is no public telephone available at the library. Please use cell phones only in designated areas.
- Food and drink are allowed in the library with restrictions. The food and drink policy is posted at the circulation desk and can also be accessed by clicking here. Please comply with this policy at all times.
Printing and Copying Policies
- There is a combination photocopier / printer located on the main floor near the computers. This is available for the use of both BBC students and guests.
- Library guests may print documents, make photocopies, and print copies of microfiche for $0.10 per page. You must pay for every page you print or copy, even if you do not want it. Please pay at the circulation desk.
- BBC students may make photocopies for free. Printing from a computer will be charged to your student account. Printing copies of microfiche is $0.10 per page; please pay at the circulation desk.
- Everyone is responsible for making sure they comply with applicable copyright laws in regards to printing and making photocopies.
- BBC students/faculty/staff must present a valid BBC student/faculty/staff ID in order to borrow materials. No other forms of ID are accepted.
- Individuals with a valid library card for another SWAN or MOBIUS library may check out items as determined by the settings in the library system. However, please understand that BBC cannot help you if there is a problem with your library card or account; you will have to contact your home library for assistance. Springfield Green County Library card holders do not have guest checkout privileges at BBC.
- Borrowing privileges are not transferable to others. No one may check out materials on someone else's account. This also applies to married students/faculty/staff wanting to check out materials on their spouse's account.
- Most items can be renewed two times provided the items do not have a hold on them. Some items, such as reserve items, are not renewable and must be returned. Items can be renewed online, in person, by telephone, or by sending an email to
. For instructions on how to renew your items online, click here.
Normal Loan Periods for BBC Students/Faculty/Staff
|Books (undergraduate students)
|Books (graduate students)
||0 - 3 days
Overdue Fines and Other Charges
||25 cents per day per item
||25 cents per day per item
|3-Day Reserve materials
||1 dollar per day per item
|Closed Reserve and 24-Hour Reserve materials
||25 cents per hour per item
Fines are assessed for each day the Library is open until the borrowed item is returned or the Director of Library Services is contacted. Failure to receive an overdue notice does not relieve a patron from the obligation to pay an overdue fine. Students who ignore overdue notices will lose their checkout privileges.
Patrons who lose Library materials or return them in a condition that requires their removal from the collection will be charged replacement cost (minimum of $50, possibly much more depending on the materials) plus a $20 processing fee. Patrons losing items belonging to MOBIUS will be assessed a $100 charge plus a $20 processing fee by MOBIUS. Patrons who damage borrowed materials will be assessed a fee to cover the cost of repairing the item, or will be charged the full replacement cost if the item is not repairable.